Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 18: A photo of you ten years ago

Aww - 10 years ago.  I miss high school! 10 years ago I was a sophomore in high school.  I was looking through photos I already have (because I don't have a scanner hooked up to my computer yet).  I can only find one.  I used to go to this camp at Graceland University called "Spec".  It was a church camp for sophomores - graduated seniors and it was mostly centered around sports.  It also had other activities but sports was the main thing to do.
@ Spec getting ready to knock the ball out of the park ;-)

I have a picture from my junior prom as well.  Probably 9 years ago - but still close. Enjoy :P


Man, I always feel so old looking back on these days.  So much has happened in life since then. I was so innocent and miss it so much.  I know it is cliche but I wish I knew not to rush to be older back then.  I was always trying to gain understanding of things that were too much for someone so young to know.  Luckily I kept a bit of childhood on into college - however, I always seemed older than I really was.  Now I seem younger than I am.  I don't feel wise like I did back then. I could just have been naive. Who knows. All I know is that I do not miss living in that small town (population 300-ish). I do hate the things I have to see living in a larger town however.  They make me sad.  I sometimes wonder if I wasn't living in the "real world" for the first 18 years of my life.  I don't feel like I was sheltered even though I'm sure I was. A "big event" back then was a divorce or car accident.  Nothing like the crazy gun shooting sprees you see here in the big cities. Anyway, I'm just incoherently rambling now.  Enjoy the "old" pictures of the "young" me. Sorry I don't have better ones. 

5 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

Cool pictures. I would have to scan pictures of me from high school since digital cameras did not exist back then.

that guy said...

the older i get the more i realize that iving in the now is what is most important. the future will come no matter what you do..

and like Oilfield Trash the digital age was 20 some odd years a way from my HS days.

Bruce
Bruce Johnson JADIP
Evil Twin
stupid stuff I see and hear
The Dreamodeling Guy
dreamodeling!
The Guy Book
The Guy Book

Shazam7 said...

My family couldn't afford a digital camera when I was in high school. Both of these photos were from scanned in pictures :)

@Bruce - I'm hoping I learn to just live in the now. I remind myself of that but every so often I go into a slump and start missing the past and wondering about how things would be if... I know it isn't healthy and I'm working on it.

Hockey Cardboard said...

looks like you mighta hit that pitch to the wall for a double, at least!

that guy said...

we all have the what ifs occasionallly..that is okay!

it is when we live in the past all the time tha it is not good.

but the other thing is to not beat yourself up! we all have bad days!

hey and Ryan is right, that was at least a double!