Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Take freely.

The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.  -- Mother Teresa


Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. --Eric Fromm

My one wish for my life is that those around me feel loved and cared for - if I don't accomplish this, I will feel as though I have failed my brothers and sisters who walk next to me in this life. Sure - I get a bit testy on certain days (I am human)...but I hope that never changes the way people feel I think about them. I truly do think us humans should live to love each other and exist together peacefully - working towards a Zion on Earth :-) What an amazing concept.


Anyway - just had that thought and wanted to share.

8 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

I wish it were that easy. I would like for some more love and appreciation to come my way. But it doesn't, such is life.

that guy said...

shelby that was beautiful! and it is a great thing!

love is never a balanced equation... always give more than you get...

except when to comes to dogs... ]they will always out love you!

OT- bro, lots of people appreciate you...nearly 150 now! you rock!


cheers to you both!

Hockey Cardboard said...

love is powerful dude - that love rip off picture is a cool idea - usually in the Bronx, it's for a cleaning service, who i'd love to clean my apartment

you don't give love to get love, just as with anything else - you do things for you, because you want to do them - that equates to sincerity

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm stealing that flyer and reposting it on the art school bulletin board....

LittleSilkDress said...

Love these quotes. Thank you for sharing.

Barbara said...

This is truly an amazing concept! I love the picture too. Really cute :) I think I'll share some love in my area too :) lovely idea!!

Shazam7 said...

@OT - MAJOR L-word and appreciation your way friend. I mean...I feel like I know you after reading your post about losing your...(down there) stuff.

@Bruce - Our dogs rock!

@Ryan - Loved what you said. Sincerity is something I strive for. And if I can't find it - I tend to force myself to do things anyway and I tend to fall into being sincere. It's interesting.

@Bz - SHARE THE LOVE. Just do it and you will be blessed.

@Miranda and LSD - you two both make me smile!