Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Fundraising slacker...

I am doing this heart walk this coming Saturday and haven't even TRIED to receive donations.  So, I thought I'd at least put a widget up on my blog.

I am walking this year in honor of my Gramps who had open heart surgery in 2008.  He is still going strong and I am so proud of him!  This walk signifies his recovery, but is also a reminder to myself and others how important it is to stay healthy and take care of our hearts.  Cardiovascular disease claims the lives of nearly 500,000 American women each year.  Heart disease is the number one killer of women (more than all forms of cancer combined)! By exercising for as little as 30 minutes a day a person can reduce their risk.

The funds I raise for this heart walk will not only bring awareness and great reminders...they go toward projects like:


  • Putting up-to-the-minute research into doctor's hands so they can better prevent and treat heart disease among patients.
  • Groundbreaking pediatric heart and stroke research.  About 36,000 babies are born with heart defects each year - research is the key to savings babies' lives.
  • Getting life-saving information to those who need it most - information that can save a life, like how to eat better, how to recognize the warning signs of heart attack, and how to talk to a doctor bout critical health choices.


So - with all that said, here is your chance to help me reach my fundraising goal for the upcoming walk:

3 comments:

that guy said...

i would love to help but am unemployed and have no extra cash...(15kish in medical bills)

and i feel sucky for having to lame out...

if i could i definitely would

bruce

Unknown said...

Sorry hun. I'm a poor college student with a baby on the way, but I do want to say that I love what you are doing. My family has heart problems on both sides. We all should be doing what you are doing.

Shazam7 said...

Thanks to both of you for your support - it need not be financial :) I am happy just knowing you support me in other ways!