Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 23: The last thing that made you cry

I have to admit, I can be emotional sometimes.  I don't feel like I get very emotional in public...but in private it's on.  I believe the last time I cried was a couple days ago while reading the news.  I was reading about Juliani Cardenas - the 4 year old boy who was abducted by his father (the mother's ex-boyfriend), who then drove the car into the canal where the boy drowned. I know we read these stories all of the time in the news - however, the photo that went along with this particular news story just got to me. It was little Juliani standing in a gaming shirt - smiling :-)   He looked so happy and so bright. This kid could have grown up to be someone amazing and I could tell just from his eyes. Now no one will ever know.  I feel for his family and friends.

http://www.examiner.com/spirituality-in-san-francisco/juliani-cardenas-nancy-2-1-11-part-5-video

Anyway - I get emotional reading the news still. It will be a sad day if I become hardened to it all :(

4 comments:

Hockey Cardboard said...

that was a pretty sad story - people are so f'd up - crazy - smile, it's friday

thormoo said...

I agree with Ryan...People can do some messed up stuff. It's unfortunate that we hear mostly about this kind of stuff on the news and not so much about the good things people do everyday...

Unknown said...

That would be a sad day. One of my favorite songs by Jewel has a line I like. It goes, "I'm sensitive, and I'd like to stay that way." I hope you keep crying about the news. I've become callased (sp?) and I miss it.

Oilfield Trash said...

There are some pretty messed up people out in the world.