Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

An award - and not for last place like the last award I received!!!

Hey everyone,

I am taking a break from studying tonight to fill out the questions for my "award" I received from an old college acquaintance over at Little Silk Dress - AND pass it on. Don't hate me if I pass it to you and you don't like doing them. No one will ever check...I think. ;-)


Ok Ok...before I begin. This picture is a little too "girlie" for me. So I propose an alternate picture. You can choose one going forward. (I just made up this rule). I did a google search and found another one I liked...hopefully it isn't copyrighted or anything. Hehe.


YAY! I love Scrabble.  Ok...now on to the questions.

If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so you could be anonymous now?

I wish I started out blogging anonymously.  I think there is a great mystery about blogs who have anonymous authors.  Also, I think I do sensor myself a little more than I would normally - just in case someone found me.  I have been tempted to go back and try to be more anonymous - but I haven't taken the time to do such a thing just yet.

Describe an incident that describes your inner stubborn side?

I waited 5 years before going to finally get my knee examined and have surgery. I knew it was not "great", but I kept postponing getting it checked out.  In those five years, I could have stayed in better shape and kept up with my volleyball, basketball, softball, etc skills. I would advise anyone NOT to do the same as I did.

What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

To be completely honest. I see someone who is lost.  I put on a front - showing the world that I have things figured out...but I still don't believe I have found the one thing in life that makes me happy.  My one thing that I could devote my life and energy too.  I think it is out there - but my passion has not yet been found. Sure, I have little passions...however, I feel there is still something out there that will strike at any moment. Look out world - one day I won't look in the mirror and see "lost little me" :P

What is your favorite summer cold drink?

I would say it is the same as my winter cold drink, and any other season that you other folks outside of Arizona have. Patron Margarita. I love me a good tequila margarita! On the rocks - no salt please.

When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

Board games if there are folks willing to play with me.  When I was in college - time to myself would mean finding other friends to hang out with. I know that seems backwards haha.  If I HAVE to be by myself - watch a tv series that I own (this is going to cause others to make fun of me but here goes: Felicity, Gilmore Girls, Grey's Anatomy, The L Word, Queer as Folk, Pushing Daisies - are the ones I own. There are others I wouldn't mind owning...).  I also love a good time to myself to sit and read a good book. I don't have time to do that anymore except when on an airplane.

Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?

Tons. One of course, would be finding my pure and true passion (see above).  Others - complete the good ol' bucket list. Travel as much as possible. Make others happy in some way. I still want to get married and have kids and raise them to hopefully be good loving people who will accomplish things in their lives as well. 

Is it easier to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?

It is easier for me to share my true self in my blog.  It is harder for me to write about others or try to decipher events.  I could do it - but my blog is more of a way for me to vent and spend time to myself (while still sharing with others). 

If you had a chance to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

Definitely read a book. I hate talking on the phone for some reason.  I would much rather email or send letters or texts. I don't think I'm a "recluse" but when you say "let's talk on the phone" ...I'd rather not.

Ok - now I am supposed to pass this award along to five people - THEN you five will fill it out and pass it along to the next 25 folks.  Just do it :-) (and sorry if you've had this award before...I am passing this to those who read...and if you already have it...well you already have done the requirement ;) I suppose you COULD repost haha)

1. thormoo - I love reading about your life and struggles and accomplishments. You are brave to share with the world! Keep up the good work.

2. Bruce - I KNOW you've already received this award...but I wanted you to know that I love your blog. And I love your pup!

3. Ryan - You probably have had this award too...but here you go again.

4. The Restaurant Manager - I am a new follower of yours and I love the blog (so I wanted to give a shout out so others can find you).  The recent music challenge is awesome! I'll have to jump on board with that one day.

5. Bz - Love your blog :-) That's it...thought others should read it too! (Sorry I don't comment much...soon I won't be so busy)


Ok that's all for tonight. Back to studying. I worked a total of 71.5 hours Monday - today and I didn't get much more than 1 chapter studied. My exam is NEXT Sunday. I need to learn to commit better. 

4 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

Congrats on the award.

You had some really good answers to the award.

that guy said...

congrats! you do deserve it! you will figure out you sooner than you think...

and we will all be awestruck! cuz you are cool and stuff like that!

do not fret. i am 48 and i still don't have this part of my life figured out yet. but not everyone re-invents themselves every few years, like i do.

thank you! for the award. I always love to get atta boys!

i will have to check out the blogs that i do not already know.

you rock girl!

Hockey Cardboard said...

i do not have this award, but thanks - make yourself a patron margarita and celebrate life, maybe play a game of Scrabble,

and don't censor yourself---that's what blogs are for, an outlet.

good luck studying!!! :-)

Les Champs Elysees said...

Congrats on the award.. awesome stuff.. a lot of answers I probably would answer the same way.. Blogging anonymously seems like a fantastic idea!

Anyway, thanks for your kind words on my eye surgery.. Now that I'm back to reading and spending a bit of time on the computer, I'll be sure to be visiting your blog much more often.

Thanks